- When I walk into that ring this year, I will be there mind, body and soul. I will show up with not just my physical training, but my emotional and mental training.
2. I'm constantly surprised by the people who are there for me, and the people who end up not. But as I have come to learn from my past fallouts and heartbreaks, focus on the people I do have rather than on the connection I no longer have. It will hurt like hell, but all is not lost.
3. Resolution A: Hubby and I resolve to dump like 70% of our shit and live a more sparse life.
4. Hubby and I really enjoyed reading a couple of books together last year and talking about them. So Resolution B: Hubby and I resolve to read more books together this year, starting with this one.
5. Resolution C: Track my water intake. Actually, this resolution could really be expanded to, take care of myself and the house better than I've been doing. Like, vacuum the floor every now and then, ya know?
6. I've learned in the past couple of years that I need to take my training into my own hands. I would never betray my instructors' faith, but -- Resolution D: take charge of my kali education, and learn how to experiment. Find ways to incorporate combatives into each of the arts I do. Actually start that kali group. And Libre group. Fuck it, let's go.
7. Resolution E: My friend Linda and I were talking about how important it was to check in and connect with people. I don't know how or what that looks like for me, especially because my daily routine leaves me very little room, but I should make a list of people and ideas for touching base with them when I can.
8. Resolution F: Learn Tagalog and Spanish this year.
I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but these goals are a bit higher on the priority list for me.