For 1 1/4 lb steak (beef chuck or skirt steak), pounded...
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin (I had whole cumin seeds)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper (I used whole peppercorns)
I added oregano directly into the citrus juice, and then pounded the rest of the ingredients in a mortar and pestle until they were a decent paste. Stuck the beef chuck into the juice from noon til dinner, although the instructional said it can sit for up to 12 hours.
- Broil the steak for 4-5 minutes on each side, and then check for desired doneness.
- Saute over medium high heat for 10 minutes each side.
- I think you can also grill them for 7 minutes each side? I don't have a grill though, so am not sure.